Sunday 5 February 2012

Egg Sambal

Yummy, spicy egg dish...

Ingredients :

3 eggs
8 dried chillies
5 cloves garlic
4 shallots
2 cm tamarind (dissolved in a little water)
a handful of anchovies
1 onion (cut into rings)
salt to taste
2 tsp sugar

Method :
1.  Boil eggs and peel.
2. Soak dried chillies on hot water for about 20 minutes. Then grind together chillies, shallots and garlic.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Once oil is hot, fry the boiled eggs till golden brown and keep aside.
4. Fry the anchovies and keep aside.
5. Reduce oil and add in the ground ingredients. Fry till fragrant and add the onions and 1/2 cup water....Fry till oil separates and sauce thickens.
6. Add anchovies, tamarind juice, salt and sugar. Cook till a little dry. Dish it out onto the eggs. Ready to serve.


Linked to Egg Recipes



15 comments:

  1. dish is very new to me. thanks for linking to my event. please add a link back and logo of my event

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry dear, i saw the logo and link updated after i posted the comment bove. thnks for participating

      Delete
  2. new n tempting recipe

    visit@my blog
    http://preeti-kitchen.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a malaysian recipe...give it a try:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...awesome recipe dear....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, I Love anything sambal! This and the nasi lemak recipe is just up my street! Are you a Malaysian? Am following you on Google Connect now, hope to see you on my site some time! Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. sambal.. very new dish to me.. interesting.. looks delicious :) will try...

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely lipsmacking..;P
    new to your space..
    nice presentation...with inviting cliks
    Am your happy follower now..:)
    do stop by mine sometime..

    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lin : Yup...im a Malaysian.....;)....u too?il drop by ur blog real soon...happy holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks you all...do give it a try....hope ull like it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! I love sambal & I'm going to trying this recipe ASASP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of my favourite dish when I eat from outside...I like anything sambal.Once I tried to cook this at home,but I couldnt get the correct taste n appearance.Actually I didnt know that eggs need to fry...Thanks for the detailed recipe,I will try soon...

    Midweek Fiesta
    Decorating Challenge- Valentine’s Day Ideas
    Hot & Spicy Treats –Curry/Stew

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks yummy.do post some more malaysian authenthic recipes.ll b more happy as a malaysian
    do visit me @http://amritaskitchen.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I prepared it & came out nicely....Thanks for the recipe...http://foodssrilanka.blogspot.com/2012/02/sambal-eggs.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thnx Amy...i saw the link and it looks so yummy...hehe....happy cooking gal ;)

      Delete