Monday 5 October 2015

Lemon Blueberry Loaf Cake

It has been some time since I baked something special for dessert. So when I was out grocery shopping yesterday I bought a pack of fresh blueberries, a couple of lemons and a pack of edible flowers (I've been hunting for this for some time now and was too happy that I couldn't resist not buying them).

I started prepping the dessert the minute I came home after work and in 30 mins, it was in the oven, filling the house with that lovely smell...then I started on dinner which was Tofu and Vege Jalfrezi (I'll update that recipe later). The cake was cool by the time we finished dinner and I whipped up a simple lemon glaze and decorated it with the edible flowers...and it looked so LOVELY ;)


Do give this yummy, moist and easily impressive dessert a try. Feedbacks are welcome.

Ingredients :

1/3 cup unsalted butter (soft)
1 cup castor sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla
1 1/2 cup Cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
lemon zest from 2 lemons
1 cup fresh blueberries, coated with some cake flour

Method :

Preheat oven to 170C.
Prepare a loaf pan by greasing and lining the bottom and sides with baking paper.

Beat butter and sugar using electric mixer and then add in the eggs one by one.Add in vanilla. Beat well.
In a bowl, mix together flour and baking powder. Add this to the egg mixture alternately with milk.
Now using a spatula, fold in the blueberries and lemon zest.
Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 40-45 mins or till skewer comes out clean.

Lemon glaze :

1/2 cup icing sugar
Juice of half a lemon

Whisk both ingredients using a hand whisk till sugar dissolved.

Pour or drizzle glaze on cool cake.
Top with edible flowers.


Ready to serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment